Saturday, May 31, 2008

Game 3 win, next Game 4

There is not alot that can be said right now. Everyone is feeling good about Weds. win over the Detroit Red Wings in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals. White out was a major success, (and I will say it again, television does that NO justice... it's amazing to see first hand!) the crowd noise was so loud that the tv announcers were drowned out by the third period.

I don't know about anyone else... but that crowd noise gave me goose bumps...

And so it goes. Game 3 could quite literally be the best game I have ever watched. The intensity coming from playing on home ice is unmatched, the home crowd behind the team 100%, if there were any Detroit fans in attendence, they didn't have a leg (voice) to stand on.

Which leads me to tell this. For the life of me I can't recall where I read it, I believe it was on a Yahoo blog (gotta forgive me, my daily online hockey reads are many so I often forget where I read something) but Ticketmaster shut out people from outside the greater area of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Washington DC... sure there was somewhere else too.. from purchasing Stanley Cup tickets. So that means folks in Michigan were SOL.

There were many Pens fans able to buy tickets to the Detroit games, and this turn of events I'm sure didn't make Wings fans all too happy. I'm going to step out on a limb here and say I approve of this practice. Alot may not agree with me, the whole free enterprise thing aside... but don't our fans deserve the chance to see their team play at their own arena? The average person probably is gonna dish out cash for these tickets once.... if they are lucky.... how many can afford the extra to drive to Detroit, pay for a hotel... gawd, let alone the damn gas... in addition to the tickets? It's an opportunity of a life time, and hey, if you're lucky, you'll get to do it again, but that's not set in stone, no offense to the '91 and '92 Pens.

But... I digress...

The whole ticketmaster deal is a sore spot for me, being outside the Pittsburgh area and unable to take in more than one or two games a year, and finding it near impossible to get a single game ticket in the regular season. How I got the tickets to the Philly playoff game I'll never know.

Anyhow, it's Saturday morning. Now less than 12 hours till the drop of the puck. I'm already anxious. I've done my morning read of the Pensblog and EmptyNetters and ready to start my day and wait till game time.

Crosby didn't disappoint in game 3, and everyone else stepped up their game accordingly.. and as they should have. Orpik and Roberts delivered hits that made the crowd cheer. Gill did his job of keeping certain Wings players off their game, and letting the Pens offense try to do their thing. Hossa's several missed opportunities tell you he's on the cusp of a big goal... same with Malkin, that rocket slap shot has got to connect... and soon.

There are cliches to use at this point that would just be that.. cliche. So I'll not go there. Suffice to say that everyone knows what needs to be done tonight... and that would be a repeat performance of game 3.

With that said.....

Let's Go Pens!!!

1 comment:

Bro Brian said...

This is how you job:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoU8GdSisg