Thursday, March 5, 2009

News and noteables...

Ok, so I just hit publish on my game day post, and I go to the Pens website looking for something else when....

Yes..... Sidney Crosby is playing tonight! That makes me happy! Happier still and hoping that he'll stay healthy and play well and be in Columbus next Thursday night when I go to see my beloved Penguins!! :D

I meant to mention this in my other post, but I heard this morning on XM's Home Ice, and looked over on TSN and found it there....

The AHL affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Norfolk Admirals, have suspended former Flyer Steve Downie for 20 games for slashing an official with his stick. Wow... what a classless individual he keeps proving himself to be.

You can read more about it HERE.

Also from TSN...

Despite taking a puck off the foot in practice Wednesday and not taking the morning skate today, head coach Bruce Boudreau expects to have Alexander Ovechkin in the lineup when the Washington Capitals play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Is it just me, or have the Capitals been really sucking the tailpipe lately?? Well, if that's the case, let's hope they still are playing below their capacity on Sunday when the Penguins get there...

Until game time...

LET'S GO PENS!!!

1 comment:

Pen said...

Still cheering them on? lol good on ya..and great to see you again! Hope you're taking care of you ((hugs)) love Pen xxx