Thursday, May 28, 2009

the Penguins Conspiracy theory

Ok, first off if you don't have a clue as to just what 'conspiracy' theory I'm speaking of, chances are you you either wouldn't believe it anyway, or just don't listen to as much hockey stuff as I do. So in that regard, let me fill you in.

There are a select few out there, and honestly, more than a few, I'm just trying to keep this on the light side folks, that think for what ever reason, the NHL in all it's great powers have purposely done one of two things. One being only slightly more believeable than the other.

The first, and most absurd of the two, is that league head honcho Gary Bettman and the whole of the NHL got together and pushed the Pittsburgh Penguins thru to the finals again, to rematch the Detroit Red Wings, all in the name of ratings. I'm serious, some guy said that on the radio. It was one of those moments while driving you literally say out loud to yourself.. "WTF?"

Obviously this person lives in some sort of bizaro world. When (if ever) have you been able to get 3 or more people together and had everyone agree on one thing, let alone a whole league of hockey players, officials, team management, etc? All that said, if you even remotely entertain the thought that it's even possible, you need to seriously seek some sort of counseling, because you're delusional.

Theory number two, though not as far fetched as number one, is still out there floating around on the radio waves, and the vastness of Al Gore's interwebs. It being that the league purposely put the first two games of the Stanley Cup finals back to back on Saturday and Sunday night to give the Penguins the advantage over a rather beaten up Red Wings team.

Please. You know where this is all going to lead, don't you? Let's say the Penguins pull off the ultimate win, and take Lord Stanley's cup for their very own. Personally I'll be one happy Pens fan, but as an aside, you'll hear a collective cry from somewhere over Michigan of Dead Wing fans calling a party foul.

"They won because we were hurt and not 100%"... they're gonna say it, mark my words. And it will spread faster than those Bugs Bunny cartoons where they leave the trail of gunpowder.

Again, how people come up with ideas like this is anyones guess. Oh wait... I got it, I think it's a little thing called jelousy, mixed with a little bit of hate. The green monster is just too much for some people to ignore.

Suffice to say the only people who give consideration to any of this horse poop are those that don't like Pittsburgh, or Sidney Crosby, and want to see them lose. For me, I think revenge is a dish best served ice cold, and with a slap shot in the back of the net, followed by a rich dessert eaten out of Lord Stanley's sacred chalice. Just make sure it's been cleaned well since Chris Drapier had it, that's all.

I got my second dose of mini fame (in my own head, and no where else!) by getting to talk live on the War Room on XM radio this morning. I'll say it again and again... I LOVE THOSE GUYS! They are my 11am Monday thru Friday fix.

And last up, another one of my favorites, Sean Leahy, formerly of Going Five Hole, wrote an awesome article for Puck Daddy about the superstions of touching the conference trophy's. I have to reiterate what others have said, if it's good enough for the likes of Mario and Yzerman to touch, why not?

Typically I'm not a superstitious person, but I do find since I bought that area rug with the Pens logo on it back last fall, I totally avoid stepping on the logo, and try to quickly run the sweeper over it, lol. So maybe I'm only hockey superstitious? Ahh well, it's all good. :)

Two more days and the finals are on it Detroit! Schedule, schmedule... we're doing it!

LET'S GO PENS!!!
LET'S GO PENS!!!
LET'S GO PENS!!!

3 comments:

NHL Insider said...

Penguins fans who actually think their cup win is legit are the truly delusional ones!!!

Nevermind the schedule...the Malkin non suspension despite clear league rules...27% more PP opportunities than any other team after round 2, a 5 on 3 PP in OT vs PHI????? I could go on and on!

DISGUSTING!

Anonymous said...

your blog sucks almost as bad as crosby.

Anonymous said...

"When (if ever) have you been able to get 3 or more people together and had everyone agree on one thing, let alone a whole league of hockey players, officials, team management, etc? All that said, if you even remotely entertain the thought that it's even possible, you need to seriously seek some sort of counseling, because you're delusional.
"

that's not how they were saying it was done genius... use some common sense instead of trying to disprove stuff with you're retarded not even double-thought out explanations. what's a woman talking about sports for anyways? they never make any sense